Skip to main content

Infinix Hot 4 Official Android7 (Nougat) upgrade

It was a pleasant surprise to see a notification that my Infinix Hot 4 was going to be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Android 7.0 update page


Features of Android 7.0 on Infinix Hot 4

  1. Split screen. You can operate two apps at the same time. Watch a YouTube video while texting. It is important to note that some apps do not currently support split screen.
  2. Notification messaging: You can also reply messages and WhatsApp messages without opening the app. By just pulling down the notification tray, pull down the specific message you want to reply and voila you can type and send the message.
  3. Speed: You can expect more speed and more smooth operation of apps.
  4. Improved personal data and files protection.

Secret reason Why I switched to Android 7.0

I jumped to android 7.0 very fast because of my phone had a glitch or a bug.
And this glitch used to strike daily.
I would use the phone as usual and then at some random time, the phone would stop recognising my fingerprint. I would unlock the phone using the pattern. After opening with my pattern, it would freeze and show a random pattern shown below.

Frozen screen before the upgrade

Then, I'd have to restart the phone by long pressing the power button or the phone would restart all by itself.
Once, I upgraded to Android 7.0,(on July 23rd) I'm happy to report the the problem is completely gone.

A note from Infinix

Dear user, this update will provide you with the experience of Nougat, More convinient features, more attractive visual. Welcome you guys upgrade to the android 7.0.


Added Functions:

  1. Updated system version from Android M to Android N.
  2. Supported Split screen for partial apps by long pressing recent button.
  3. Brand new pulldown shortcuts bar to make operations more convenient.
  4. Added horizontal swipe to change wallpapers in Magazine lockscreen interface.
  5. Auto-centered icons in Dock bar; moved multi-select icons in batch under the desktop edition status.

Reminding :


  1. Optimised system stability and performance while fixing other issues.
  2. Visit  the DCL B forum (http://bbs.infinixmobility.com) for more information.
  3. Caution! This update may crash rooted devices.
  4. lease plug in charger to OTA upgrade when power is lower than 30%.

How to install or upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat on the infinix Hot 4


Go to > settings > about phone > system update

Wait for the update check.

> Click on the download button.

Other phones from infinix that have received the official Android 7.0 update are:

  • Infinix S2 Pro
  • Hot 4 Pro
  • Hot S and Hot S Pro
  • Infinix Zero 4, Zero 4 Plus, 2015 Zero 3 and
  • Infinix Note 3.

Comments

  1. I got the update 2days ago. Bit it disappeared the next morning. And now when I search it tells me I'm already on the latest version. What is going on ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, the update will appear again. When it does, upgrade at that point.

      Delete
    2. hello
      My phone cannot connect to data. This after it reached the so called data limit and I have tried to reset the data limit/ as well as disabling it but nothing has happened.....just wondering what to do do now???

      Delete
    3. Hope you were able to resolve your problem. Have tried restarting the phone after reseting the data limit.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hot 4 pro doesn't show N update

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does hot 4 support 4G networks(Glo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would this update make my phone 4g powered?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment